Job Title: Administrative Assistant
About ISTT: The International Society for Transgenic Technologies (ISTT) was founded in 2006, and is registered in Buffalo NY, USA, as a not for profit (NFP) organization. It currently represents an enthusiastic group of more than 700 members worldwide. We seek to foster communication and technology-sharing to enhance scientific research and to advance the field of animal transgenesis, particularly as it applies to experimental models in science. We represent the interests of scientists as well as technicians working in the field of transgenic technologies. The ISTT sponsors a series of periodic international transgenic technology (TT) meetings.
Job Description: This is a part-time job, may be conducted from home, and offers the candidate great flexibility. It is expected to require an average of 25 hours per week. Workloads may be considerably higher during the peak period of membership renewals and during the organization of the periodic TT meetings. The candidate must be able to travel to TT meetings, which are hosted at various venues worldwide every 18 months. The Society will provide the candidate with a laptop, support for Internet access, and a mobile phone to conduct Society business.
Job Specific Responsibilities: Administrative assistant position. Duties will include:
• Assist the ISTT President in reporting activities and other general administrative tasks.
• Assist the ISTT Treasurer with tracking of incomes and expenses.
• Act as a central contact point for all ISTT stakeholders.
• Register new members and renew existing memberships.
• Maintain current contact information of all members.
• Support the organization of the global meetings.
• Attend TT meetings to help represent the ISTT and help with administrative duties – meetings are all over the world and require travelling.
• Assist the ISTT Secretary with the preparation of minutes of ISTT General Assemblies and ISTT Board meetings.
• Monitor ISTT contracts with sponsors.
• Maintain an ISTT agenda and send reminders for upcoming deadlines to ISTT members (e.g. membership renewals, registrations, etc.)
Candidate Requirements: 2+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant. Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills. [Alternative experience demonstrating administrative capability will be considered.] Excellent time management and ability to manage deadlines. Fluent English – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in identifying and fulfilling NFP society needs. Experience with project management tools, including but not limited to: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint. Webmaster and content management not a must but a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Country: United States of America
City: Work from Home, ideally close to Houston, Texas, for direct exchange with the president of the society.
Primary Location: WORK FROM HOME (occasional meetings at Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX)
Job Function: Office Administration
Worker Type: Regular Employee
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Shift Type: flexible
Hours per Week: Minimum of 25 hours/week
Work Days: Monday – Friday (very occasional weekend work)
Posting Currency: USD
Posting Range: $20,000 – $25,000 (salary commensurate with experience). All required travel expenses covered by the society
Application: Interested candidates should submit their CVs and references to email@example.com