Dear ISTT members,
We are pleased to invite your proposals for hosting the 13th Transgenic Technology Meeting (TT2016) in February-March 2016. The updated ISTT bylaws, which were approved at the TT2013 meeting in China, now allow proposals to be received from anywhere in the world, without the requirement for a rotation between regions. Therefore, ISTT members from all continents are encouraged to consider hosting the TT2016 meeting in their city, with the support of their institution(s).
Important points to be addressed in any submitted proposal:
- The proposal must have the support of the hosting institution(s). Letters of support from the corresponding director(s) of organizing institution(s) must be provided.
- The hosting institution(s) are fully liable for the organization of the meeting, including all economic aspects.
- A proposed preliminary budget should be included in the proposal, along with suggested registration fees.
- A preliminary program for the TT2016 meeting, including topics (not necessarily speakers) and proposed workshops should be provided. This program should take into account the topics and speakers invited at previous TT meetings, avoiding unnecessary repetition. Full information regarding previous TT meetings organized is available at the members-only area, within the “meetings” tab.
- Proposed venue and dates for the TT2016 should be indicated. Exact sites and dates might be subjected to change later, if required, after obtaining the approval from the ISTT council. Information regarding the venue and/or the city where the TT2016 meeting would take place is always desirable as is proof that the venue will be available at the scheduled dates.
- Proposed committees should be presented, which should include at a minimum: Organizing Committee, Scientific Advisory Committee.
- A meeting Chair (who must be ISTT member) should be clearly identified.
- Since TT meetings are the most important activity of the ISTT, the President and other members of the ISTT Council have to be involved in committees and collaborate with local organizers in defining the final program.
- Upon selection, a contract will have to be signed between the hosting institution(s) and the ISTT
- Information regarding suggested accommodation facilities (and prices) for participants should be provided.
- The expected organization of a hands-on workshop on a selected topic, to take place immediately before or after the meeting, is always desirable.
- The involvement of a professional meeting organizer is desirable but not essential if there are viable alternatives, such as institutional meeting support staff.
- Information on accessibility of the city from international airports as well as between the conference venue and accommodation should be provided. A list of hotels close to the conference including price range is desirable.
- Finally, an outline of the proposed social activities should be included.
We look forward to receiving interesting proposals from all over the world. Please submit your proposal (ideally all information organized into a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27 June 2014. The evaluation committee might contact any proponent in order to request any additional/missing information that would be required to better assess the proposal. The selected venue will be announced by September 30, 2014, and the Chair of the selected proposal will be kindly invited to introduce the highlights of the TT2016 meeting at the closing ceremony of the TT2014 meeting in Edinburgh.
Thanks for your due consideration of this message,
ISTT Council sub-committee
in charge of evaluating TT2016 proposals